[j-nsp] MX-80 rumors and heresay - any comments?

Bjørn Skovlund skovlund at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 04:55:52 EDT 2010

Hi,

I would be surprised if your mentioned L2TP functions isn't available
in the MX-80, if not at launch, then shortly after.

It seems clear that Juniper is currently focusing hard on making the
MX platform a subscriber termination point. We're not using any L2TP
features, but do use dynamic-profiling, VLAN auto-creation and RADIUS
authentication of subscribers on the MX platform, where we're looking
very much forward to the MX-80 due to size, price and the 64K
subscribers on the Trio chipset.

I will expect the box to be very license-based, with a low initial
price, but licensing needs for anything besides routing/switching
pretty much. I guess it makes sense, considering what possibilities
this small box brings and the broad range of markets it's advantageous
to.

I can't wait to order these :)

Cheers, Bjørn