[j-nsp] EX 8200 deployment

Tore Anderson tore.anderson at redpill-linpro.com
Sun Mar 21 05:50:37 EDT 2010

* Richard A Steenbergen

> Correct. I actually found some old gripes about this when I searched
> j-nsp after noticing the problem, but it is a big enough issue that I
> think it needs to be repeated again (and again and again, until it
> gets fixed :P).

I'll be happy to join the choir on this one.  I reported the problem
back in March 2009, got PR 435648 opened, but haven't heard anything
more since then.

My workaround is to terminate the customer VLANs that needs counters
for accounting purposes on the EX-es' upstream routers instead, which
are MX-es with standard vlan-tagged family inet sub-interfaces.  That
works well enough but it's not as tidy as I would have preferred.

Best regards,
--
Tore Anderson
Redpill Linpro AS - http://www.redpill-linpro.com/