[j-nsp] EX 8200 deployment

chrisccnpspam2 at gmail.com chrisccnpspam2 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 08:52:54 EDT 2010

Everyone, you do realize that the EX switches were designed to get Juniper into the enterprise switching market (although poorly). This is what they are doing, Don't expect features of the MX to show up.

As of the current software offering the EX 8200 isn't even up to par with a 6500 feature wise yet. While its not the best at everything, the 6500 is a swiss army knife. Its going to take quite a bit of time to be at the same level. Then also take the fact that the 6500 is dead as a strategic platform. The Nexus 7k is the new boy on the block. Juniper needs to push features and hardware faster to keep up, yet sadly I don't think they're doing it.