[j-nsp] Speed/Duplex Issue

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Wed Mar 24 05:55:32 EDT 2010

> Did you hard-code the speed/duplex setting on both the Juniper and Cisco
switches, or just the Juniper's?

> We've been happy with auto-nego'ing all connections, including with
upstreams. Life has been much easier going that route. I can't remember the
last time anything good came out of hard-coding these settings, or when we
last did that, for that matter.

The Cisco's (customer equipment) were already hard coded as per our
instructions at the time.  Coming from the Cisco world we had a lot of
issues with auto-neg towards various makes/models of switch vendors.

Anyways, we're fixed now after understanding Juniper's approach to auto-neg
... thanks...;)

Paul