[j-nsp] BPDU Question

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Tue Mar 23 10:21:19 EDT 2010

Hi folks .. thanks to those who replied offline to my last question
(speed/duplex) - the answer was sitting right in front of me the whole time
lol

I have a new problem ... with our EX4200's we face many customer switches
and I need to filter BPDU's out.  In the Cisco world we would setup a port
just like this:

interface GigabitEthernet3/2

 description xxxxxxxxxxx

 switchport

 switchport access vlan 66

 switchport mode access

 switchport nonegotiate

 no ip address

 no cdp enable

 no mop enabled

 spanning-tree bpdufilter enable

What is the equivalent to this in Juniper?  I tried setting up "bpdu
protect" one some interfaces but when it does see a BPDU packet it shuts the
port down - we can't have that occur ... we just want to filter out
BPDU's...

Thanks ;)

Paul