[j-nsp] BPDU Question

Niels Ardts N.Ardts at intermax.nl
Tue Mar 23 10:36:51 EDT 2010

Hi Paul,

We've faced the same problem in the past and we created a firewall filter which does what you want:

{master:0}[edit firewall family ethernet-switching filter BPDU_FILTER]

term 1 {
    from {
        destination-mac-address {
            01:80:c2:00:00:00;
        }
    }
    then {
        discard;
        count BPDU_FILTER;
    }
}
term 2 {
    then accept;
}

This is applied to the interface input filter.

Additionally, we disable the port in MSTP like  'prototocols mstp interface XXX disable' so it does not send BPDU's to the customer.

I think with the newer JunOS versions there might be a better/smarter option though.. :)

Regards,
Niels