[j-nsp] EX4200 egress analyzer (mirror) bogus 802.1Q tags

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Thu Mar 25 08:32:01 EDT 2010

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 11:35:39AM +0300, Alexandre Snarskii wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 06:37:58PM -0400, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> > EX4200
> > JUNOS 10.1R1.8
> >
> > Anyone else notice that packets captured by an egress analyzer have
> > bogus 802.1Q tags?  Originally I thought that egress mirroring was
>
> http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos10.1/information-products/topic-collections/release-notes/10.1/topic-42111.html#rn-junos-ex-limitations
>
> On EX3200 and EX4200 switches, when port mirroring is configured on any
> interface, the mirrored packets leaving a tagged interface might contain
> an incorrect VLAN ID.

Thanks.

You know, I had read that two weeks ago and had a feeling of deja vu
when I actally ran into the problem last night, but for some reason
didn't remember nor go back to check the obvious place.  Why is it
that Release Notes don't seem to apply to your situation until you
actually hit the problem?  Oh well.

Anyway, becase this is in the Limitations section, not the Outstanding
Issues section, does that mean it won't/can't be fixed?