[j-nsp] EX Switches - Internet Exchange Points

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Fri Mar 26 09:10:47 EDT 2010

Hi there..

I just wanted to follow up on this - I'd open a case at JTAC but honestly
have no idea where to get started with them yet...;)

So, the MAC filtering worked for one of the exchange points yesterday ...
then late last night one of our upstream providers dropped off.  With the
upstream provider I've asked them for port security logs so I can start
hunting for MAC's they are seeing .... this will hopefully provide a clue.

Is there a way in a filter to log denied MAC addresses?  Snippet looks like
this:

family ethernet-switching {
    filter core2_peering_filter {
        term expected_mac_address {
            from {
                source-mac-address {
                    00:0b:45:b6:f5:00;
                }
            }
            then accept;
        }
        term block {
            then discard;
        }
    }

I tried to add "then discard log" to the term block but I get:

  'filter'
    Referenced filter 'core1_peering_filter' can not be used as log not
supported on egress
error: configuration check-out failed

Thanks,

Paul