[j-nsp] (M7i RE5.0) memory usage

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Sun Mar 28 05:36:40 EDT 2010

> Im wondering, where I waste memory, cause there are many posts which state
> that 512MB would be fine for 4 full tables. Ive only three and the 768MB are
> full.

The size of JunOS itself has grown quite a bit lately - note that
I'm talking about running code here, not just the jinstall images.

We concluded some months ago that it was no longes feasible to run
RE-5.0 with a full Internet routing table - at least not if you're
going to have room for some L3VPNs and similar stuff.

So if I were you I'd look really hard at the possibility of running
your RE-5.0 boxes with a reduced Internet routing table.

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no