[j-nsp] High memory usage on EX4200 stack

Martin Levin martin.levin at molndal.se
Tue Mar 30 09:53:13 EDT 2010

Hi!

We have 3 EX4200 virtual chassis all running 10.0S1.1, one consisting
of 4 EX4200 and the other two och two switches each.

The problem below only affects the two stacks with two switches each,
the 2 switch stack does not se this.

The problem we're seeing is that member 0, regardless of wether its the
master routing engine or not sees very high memory usage (89%) and the
boxes then become very slow. These switches operate on layer 2 only.

If I try to do "request session member 0" i get "could not create child
process" as an error and I can't login to that member. Traffic seems to
flow without problem however.

Any thoughts?

---
Martin Levin