[j-nsp] ipv6 routing

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Wed Mar 31 15:31:06 EDT 2010

Excerpts from chrisccnpspam2's message of Wed Mar 31 12:13:14 -0700 2010:
> Forgive me for not fully remembering as its been a while since I muddled with v6.  But for some reason I believe you have to do the static route to a link local address, not to the address you configure under the interface. This would be the address starting with "fe80"
>
> Can anyone validate my vague memory?

I'm not so sure about the applicability of this under JunOS, as most of
my work with it has been for IPv4/inet installations.

Protocol-wise though, I can't think it should matter. A next-hop via a
link-local address or one addressed out of the global unicast pool
should resolve all the same (i.e.. they'll both result in ICMPv6
Neighbor Solicitations)

Cheers,
jof