[j-nsp] VPN C-RP for MP-BGP-based MVPN's (NG-MVPN's)

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Sat May 1 06:59:40 EDT 2010

Hi all.

Per subject, can anyone confirm whether this will only work
with JUNOS 9.2 or later?

Documentation appears to suggest so, but other sanctioned
material from Juniper indicates that it's supported in JUNOS
9.1 (inconsistent?).

I'm currently working on this on a system running JUNOS 8.5
which doesn't seem to complain about trying to configure the
feature. But without seeing any Type 5 Routes (Source Active
AD NLRI) in the MVPN, I'm inclined to think it's not
supported.

I'd only be able to change/test the JUNOS revisions in about
a week to confirm this for myself, but wondering if anyone
else has hit this.

Just to add, statically-defined Multicast groups work
(representing Type 7 C-Multicast NLRI), so the MVPN is fine.
But without Type 5 NLRI in there, dynamic learning of groups
and sources is dead-in-the-water.

All help appreciated.

Cheers,

Mark.