[j-nsp] VPN C-RP for MP-BGP-based MVPN's (NG-MVPN's)

William Pleasants wpleasants at gmail.com
Sat May 1 08:55:00 EDT 2010

Hi Mark,

I think you'll need to fire up MSDP to between the CE and PE to have a C-RP,
because juniper does not support native shared-tree for NG-MVPNs in 8.5.
Shared-tree support comes in 10.x. I believe NG-MVPN needs to see the
source-active to generate the type 5 route.  In 9.2 and later BSR is
supported although I have not been able to find to time to test BSR or
shared-tree in 10.x.

-Chip