[j-nsp] RPD event M20

Juniper juniper at iber-x.com
Tue May 4 10:04:37 EDT 2010

Hello there,

This message has appeared in the log of our M20. It is not the first
time it occurs and we are quite worried. The average CPU consumption is
4% and just at the time the message appeared on the log, we found
increases up to 100% and an increase in temperature of 6 º in the
routing-engine 0. This router works with two logical routers and receive
full-routing of three different providers. We also have configured and
IS-IS  and IBGP sessions.

May 4 11:43:03 xxx01.yyy2.abc-d.net LEV[2625]: RPD_SCHED_SLIP: 7 sec
scheduler slip, user: 3 sec 306043 usec, system: 0 sec, 5732 usec

We do not know what could be the problem because we have not detected
any event bgp, routing update, addition of new machines, etc.
Do you have any idea what may be the reason for this high cpu usage?

Thanks in advance,

Matthew