[j-nsp] Basic BGP Questions

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Tue May 4 10:16:30 EDT 2010

Hi folks.

I'm having a hard time getting a 'stock configuration' done on JunOS for
eBGP peering.. Been reading Juniper docs and keep circling back with more
questions than answers ;)

Could someone get me pointed in the right direction? .

In Cisco, we do this:

neighbor xxx.32.235.39 remote-as 12345

 neighbor xxx.32.235.39 peer-group peering-exchangename

 neighbor xxx.32.235.39 description xxxxxxxxxx

 neighbor xxx.32.235.39 activate

 neighbor xxx.32.235.39 maximum-prefix 100 95

neighbor peering-exchangename peer-group

neighbor peering-exchangename send-community

 neighbor peering-exchangename route-map inbound-exchangename in

 neighbor peering-exchangename route-map outbound-exchangename out

route-map inbound-exchangename permit 10

 set metric +110

 set local-preference 200

 set community 11666:2000 11666:2002 additive

route-map outbound-exchangename permit 10

 match community 100

 set metric 110

I realize that there's quite a bit going on here - just need some samples of
folks doing similar and I'll be "off to the races".

;)

Cheers,

Paul