[j-nsp] Link aggregation and RSVP

Kris Price juniper-nsp at punk.co.nz
Wed May 5 23:09:20 EDT 2010

Hi all,

The subject is using link aggregation with RSVP. Or just generally the
subject of how best to handle multiple parallel links between adjacent
routers in a MPLS network. I'm hoping the list can provide guidance on
the best practise for this, or point me to useful material.

The context is outside of a data centre, in the core of a national
carrier network (P/P and P/PE links).

Link aggregation is the simplest option, but I am weary there may be
problems with this approach. E.g. with the hashing algorithms and how
this might impact on reported versus actual bandwidth for constrained
LSP set up. Or with fast reroute, or failover from primary to secondary
LSPs, when one of the links in the bundle fails.

Thoughts, insights, experiences, pointers, appreciated.

Cheers
Kris