[j-nsp] Link aggregation and RSVP

Danny Vernals danny.vernals at gmail.com
Thu May 6 05:17:24 EDT 2010

Hi Kris,

Link aggregation is generally a good idea with RSVP.  It's easier to
pack LSPs into one big chunk of bandwidth than to pack into multiples
of smaller bandwidths.

You'll need to turn on aggressive pre-emption as this enables the
transit LSR to signal ingress LSRs to move LSPs off a link when the
available bandwidth reduces i.e. in case of a link failure.

Also beware of bundling links that have a large difference in RTD.
Jitter shouldn't be a problem as hashing is per flow or per IP but you
loose the ability of favouring lower latency links via IGP metric when
there is bandwidth available in the network.

Depending on your topology you might run into some problems with
hashing but this can be solved with indexed next-hop (hash on permuted
list of the different levels of ECMP rather than hashing at each
level).

Cheers!

Danny