[j-nsp] ssb NH: resolutions from x throttled

juniper at iber-x.com juniper at iber-x.com
Mon May 17 04:43:37 EDT 2010

Hi there,

We have a Juniper M20 with JUNOS 7.3R1.4, old version :( .. and since
few we have in our log these entries:

May 10 23:49:48.177 2010  xxxxx ssb NH: resolutions from iif 73 throttled
May 10 23:50:41.168 2010  xxxxx ssb NH: resolutions from iif 88 throttled
..

Someone told us that maybe was a  port/ip scan on an Ethernet subnet and
this causes a flood of ARP requests.
We found that there is a statement to set the 'proxy-arp' option:

[edit]
user at host# set interfaces interface-name unit logical-unit-number proxy-arp

But we can't find the opposite statement, I mean that the router doesn't
register any arp resolution in one interface.

Also we read that it was a problem [PR/46474] solved since the version
7.3R3 but we have an older JUNOS version..

Does anyone know how to solve this 'problem'?

Thanks in advance,