[j-nsp] ssb NH: resolutions from x throttled

Christoph Blecker admin at toph.ca
Mon May 17 05:18:20 EDT 2010

Hello,
The issue appears to be a bug in the JUNOS version you are running. A
quick Google search turned up the following:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos73/rn-sw-73/previous-releases.html

"If a router receives rapid multicast traffic from various groups or
sources that do not have entries in the forwarding table, the router
might generate the ?router-name feb NH: resolutions from iif number
throttled? system log message and might delay the installation of
forwarding table entries for some of these multicast packets. [PR/46474:
This issue has been resolved.]"

Solution would be to review your hardware and upgrade your JUNOS version
as applicable. ARP resolution is a normal and necessary funtion of the
router, and you would not want to disable it (I'm not even sure there
*is* a way to disable it withing JUNOS).

Cheers,
- -Christoph