[j-nsp] Installation 10.1R2.8 - Missing mandatory statement: 'admin-authentication'

Sebastian Gosenheimer s.gosenheimer at proio.com
Mon May 17 06:37:49 EDT 2010

Hi everybody,

does anyone else saw this error during installation? I'm testing here on a 210-hm cluster.

Validating against /config/rescue.conf.gz
[edit]
  'wlan'
    Missing mandatory statement: 'admin-authentication'
mgd: error: commit failed: (missing statements)
Validation failed
WARNING: Current configuration not compatible with /var/tmp/junos-srxsme-10.1R2.8-domestic.tgz

I only had a chance to install this version with the no-validate option. And furthermore it was a little bit more complicated on that cluster. I had to add this part to my configuration, also i'm not using any wlan hardware with my srx. After installing i deleted the wlan part from my configuration and a commit ended without errors.

Regards,
--sg

Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben,
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail sind nicht gestattet.

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify
the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.