[j-nsp] EX3200 uptime on route engine

Felix Schueren felix.schueren at hosteurope.de
Thu May 20 03:24:16 EDT 2010

Bill Blackford wrote:
> Platform: EX3200-24T
> JUNOS: 10.0S1.1
>

> PROBLEM:
> I have several EX series devices deployed and so far, and only one is exhibiting the behavior of the routing-engine uptime being vastly different from the actual system uptime.
>
> When I issue:
>
> show system uptime
> I'm seeing the correct uptime of 38 days in this case.
>
> A show chassis routing-engine
> reports an uptime of 14702 days.

I've had this happen with an M320 RE the other day. The system clock was
reset (or not-yet-set). 14702 days are roughly 40 years and a few
months, so I assume the clock is set to a unix timestamp of "0", which
coincides nicely with the "roughly 40 years and a few months ago".

So, an uninitialized hardware clock. A reboot will fix it (unless the
hardware clock is broken), but I wouldn't bother.

Kind regards,

Felix

--
Felix Schüren
Head of Network

Host Europe GmbH - http://www.hosteurope.de
Welserstraße 14 - 51149 Köln - Germany
Telefon: 0800 467 8387 - Fax: +49 180 5 66 3233 (*)
HRB 28495 Amtsgericht Köln - USt-IdNr.: DE187370678
Geschäftsführer:
Uwe Braun - Alex Collins - Mark Joseph - Patrick Pulvermüller

(*) 0,14 EUR/Min. aus dem dt. Festnetz; maximal 0,42 EUR/Min. aus
den dt. Mobilfunknetzen