[j-nsp] Immediate aging in EX-3200

Dan Farrell danno at appliedi.net
Mon May 24 09:38:27 EDT 2010

Well, to clear something up on this I'll just copy my convo with a Juniper person via email verbatim here-

<convo>
-       What are the total number of VLANS that can actually exist on a physical port (when configured as trunk)?
-       What are the total number of RVI's that can be configured on an EX device?

4000 VLANs on a given port (and in a system)
and 1000 RVIs.
</convo>

So it's not a VLANs per interface problem, unless you have more than 4k VLANs on the entire system (and you can really only have something like 93 or 94 more than that anyway).

Are you seeing anything in your syslog entries?

Personally, on my EX's, I'm running JUNOS 10.0S1.1 because it's the recommended release- I looked over the differences in 10.1 and 10.0 and couldn't find anything changed/improved that's relevant to my network. I'd recommend the same for yours.

Dan Farrell
Applied Innovations Corp.
danno at appliedi.net