[j-nsp] no family inet6 for vlan.*-interfaces on 10.1R2.8?

Menno Kortekaas M.Kortekaas at dataman.nl
Wed May 26 05:55:36 EDT 2010

Maybe this is because ipv6 works in packet mode, but not really on a vlan interface...
I've also placed an IPv6 address on my vlan interface and it is reachable through a family inet interface, but not through a family ethernet-switching interface.

I think because something is not really really working, Juniper just hides the command.
I've found another "hidden feature" today (JUNOS 10.0R3.10).

# set interfaces ge-0/0/15 gigether-options ?
Possible completions:
> 802.3ad              IEEE 802.3ad
+ apply-groups         Groups from which to inherit configuration data
+ apply-groups-except  Don't inherit configuration data from these groups
> auto-negotiation     Enable auto-negotiation
  ignore-l3-incompletes  Ignore L3 incomplete errors
  loopback             Enable loopback
> mpls                 MPLS options
  no-auto-negotiation  Disable auto-negotiation
  no-loopback          Don't enable loopback
> redundant-parent     Parent of this interface

# set interfaces ge-0/0/15 gigether-options no-flow-control

# commit check
configuration check succeeds

There should be IPv6 support in flow mode in JUNOS 10.2 but what I've heared is that 10.2 will not be released for the branch series.

Menno