[j-nsp] Policy to Manipulate the Local Preference of VPNV4 routes

Truman Boyes truman at suspicious.org
Mon May 31 04:16:45 EDT 2010

Hi Edmar,

You should have the same "view" of routes on all your RR. If you want to prefer traffic for a route, (say 10.10.10/24 via PE-A) then you should have the PE-A have a BGP import policy to modify the route attributes when they are learned.

When you have a unique routes (ie. different RD) then the RR's will advertise both of these vpnv4 routes to all the RR clients. Then your PE's (clients) will see both routes and evaluate them.

Even though you can have policy on an RR, it's a messy situation to modify anything on RR's, in my personal opinion.

Kind regards,
Truman