[j-nsp] GRE Tunnel bet JUNIPER and CISCO

masood at nexlinx.net.pk masood at nexlinx.net.pk
Wed Nov 3 09:41:20 EDT 2010

Generally, this issue is related to MTU and fragmentation. If you have a
problem with loading web-pages and slow tcp response, you better try
adjusting tcp-mss settings on your cisco router. You can use the following
command under tunnel interface, most of the time it works for me :)

interface tunnelX
ip tcp adjust-mss 1436

On juniper side you can add the following knobs under the gr interface conf

gr-x/x/x {
unit x {
  clear-dont-fragment-bit
  reassemble-packets