[j-nsp] Joining OPSF & IS-IS areas via 2 ABRs

Clarke Morledge chmorl at wm.edu
Thu Oct 7 10:29:09 EDT 2010

Offlist it was suggested to me that my typology is not very clear.
Perhaps a config snippet will help.  Essentially, my two "ABRs" have one
foot in the OSPF world and the other foot in the IS-IS world.  If needed,
I could run OSPF directly between the two ABRs.  Both ABRs have direct
connections to each other.  Here is a sample config snippet from ABR1.
The long term goal is to convert these OPSF only routers to IS-IS routers
and  bring them into the ISIS domain:

[edit routing-instances Test]
ABR1# show
instance-type vrf;
interface xe-6/2/0.130;
interface xe-11/0/0.130;
interface xe-10/0/0.130;
interface lo0.130;
route-distinguisher 192.168.0.7:130;
vrf-import [ testin ];
vrf-export [ testout ];
vrf-table-label;
routing-options {
     router-id 192.168.130.7;
     auto-export;
}
protocols {
     ospf {
         reference-bandwidth 100g;
         area 0.0.0.0 {
             interface lo0.130 {
                 passive;
             }
             interface xe-6/2/0.130 {
 		description "Facing OSPF area - no IS-IS";
             }
         }
     }
     isis {
         level 2 wide-metrics-only;
         level 1 {
             disable;
             wide-metrics-only;
         }
         interface xe-11/0/0.130 {
 	    description "Facing ABR2";
         }
         interface xe-10/0/0.130 {
 	    description "Facing another IS-IS router";
         }
         interface lo0.130 {
             passive;
         }