[j-nsp] Use of lt-Interfaces on Juniper MX for binding multiple VPLS Instances to several CCC (unidirectional Ethernet P2P) Servcies

Prochaska Gerhard gerhard.prochaska at a1telekom.at
Thu Oct 7 13:05:16 EDT 2010

When i tie a VPLS Instance to a CCC Service using an lt-Interface:

Interface lt-x/x/x
 unit 100
  encapsulation vlan-vpls
    vlan-id 100
    peer-unit 200

 unit 200
   encapsulation vlan-ccc
   vlan-id 100
   peer-unit 100

protocol connections

p2mp-receive switch "name"
 transmitt-p2mp-lsp "p2mp-lsp-name"
  input-interface lt-x/x/x.200

Everything works as expected. So the lt-Interface transports traffic from the VPLS Instance to the p2mp Tree.
When i change my config to pass traffic from the CCC Side to a VPLS Instance via an lt-Interface my troubles start.

Interface lt-x/x/x
 unit 100
  encapsulation vlan-vpls
    vlan-id 100
    peer-unit 200

 unit 200
   encapsulation vlan-ccc
   vlan-id 100
   peer-unit 100

protocol connections

p2mp-receive switch "name"
 receive-p2mp-lsp "p2mp-lsp-name"
  output-interface lt-x/x/x.200

 monitor interface lt-x/x/x shows traffic arriving at the lt-Interface from the CCC Side but it is not passed on to the VPLS.

Is this expected behaviour or a bug ? In other words:

As CCC is a unidirectional service did Juniper only implement the VPLS -> CCC direction and skip the CCC -> VPLS Part or should an LT-Interface alsways be usable to tie VPLS and CCC together in both directions.

VPLS -> CCC as well as CCC -> VPLS.

Quick response would be very welcome !!

Thx
Gerhard