[j-nsp] Problem of Forwarding on VPN using vrf-table-label.

David Lockuan dlockuan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 20:43:19 EDT 2010

Hi guys,

I have been doing a lab with a MX960 with release 10.0R3.10, I set a
topology with logical-systems, in theory all it is working because I can see
the routes of VRF into table bgp.l3vpn.0 but the forwarding between the CE
is not working. This is the configuration of the routing-instance of PE:

set logical-systems PE1 routing-instances VPN-A instance-type vrf
set logical-systems PE1 routing-instances VPN-A interface ge-3/0/0.2400
set logical-systems PE1 routing-instances VPN-A route-distinguisher 100:10
set logical-systems PE1 routing-instances VPN-A vrf-import VPN-A-import
set logical-systems PE1 routing-instances VPN-A vrf-export VPN-A-export
set logical-systems PE1 routing-instances VPN-A vrf-table-label
set logical-systems PE1 routing-instances VPN-A vrf-target target:100:10
set logical-systems PE1 routing-instances VPN-A routing-options static route
172.20.0.0/24 next-hop 10.10.5.2
set logical-systems PE1 routing-instances VPN-B instance-type vrf
set logical-systems PE1 routing-instances VPN-B interface ge-3/0/0.2402
set logical-systems PE1 routing-instances VPN-B route-distinguisher 100:20
set logical-systems PE1 routing-instances VPN-B vrf-import VPN-B-import
set logical-systems PE1 routing-instances VPN-B vrf-export VPN-B-export
set logical-systems PE1 routing-instances VPN-A vrf-table-label
set logical-systems PE1 routing-instances VPN-B vrf-target target:100:20
set logical-systems PE1 routing-instances VPN-B routing-options static route
192.168.0.0/24 next-hop 10.10.5.6
But when I unset the command of vrf-table-label, the forwarding between
CE's, it works correctly.

Someone know when it is necessary to used the command "vrf-table-label"? The
only diferent that I found it was in the VPN label. When the command
"vrf-table-label" is set, the vpn label is 16 or in the range of 16 - 1023.
And when the command is not set, the vpn label is 300000 or in the range of
100000 - 1048075.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

--