[j-nsp] Problem of Forwarding on VPN using vrf-table-label.

Cristian Frizziero cristian.frizziero at iquall.net
Fri Oct 15 08:36:18 EDT 2010

  Hy David!!!

I understand that the statement vpn-table-label allow PE to announce a
different label for every VPN route of a VRF. In this way, in the
forwarding plane we can avoid a lookup, which is very useful in the case
of multipoint interfaces, such as ETH. The point is that multipoint
interfaces normally need a specific lookup for ARP resolution, and only
we can perform 3 lookups on the PE.

With vpn-table-label, 3 lookups will be enough to reach the final
destination.

I hope this will help.

logo impre
Ing. Cristian Frizziero