[j-nsp] VPLS issue...

Derick Winkworth dwinkworth at att.net
Thu Oct 21 12:15:22 EDT 2010

All:

We have a two site VPLS setup using virtual-switches.  Site "A" has an IRB in
the bridge-domain in the virtual-switch configuration.  All is good when the two
PEs have a BGP session and the LSPs are up between the two PEs.

However, when Site "B" becomes unreachable, then the IRB and local interface at
site "A" go down and the customer can no longer route out using the IRB.  I need
this irb and the local interface to stay up so Site A can still route out the
IRB even if Site "B" goes down...

I tried the "connectivity-type irb" knob, but it doesn't help.

Running 10.0S8 on MX240s...

Any thoughts?