[j-nsp] Fwd: router recommendation

Keegan Holley keegan.holley at sungard.com
Mon Oct 25 17:42:28 EDT 2010

I've always thought of the J-Series as an enterprise/remote site router and
not a service provider device.  Strangely enough I can't find the throughput
ratings on the data sheet, but I'm sure it's lower than the M/MX and the
like.  I'm not sure if it can handle 2-3G of traffic, you should ask the
reseller for specs or search juniper.net.  The other thing I noticed was
that it only supports a max  of 400k BGP routes.  If the full table is 340
or so that doesn't leave much for L2/L3 vrf's.  Just my 2c.