[j-nsp] EX3200 Password Recovery Failure

Walaa Abdel razzak walaaez at bmc.com.sa
Wed Oct 27 06:19:19 EDT 2010

Hi Experts

When I was trying password recovery for the ex switch, it didn't go as
usual and I got the following error message:

mount: /dev/da0s1f: Operation not permitted

/var file system mount failed, startup aborted

NWARNING: system watchdog timer still running,

         use '/sbin/watchdog -off' to disable

The method I am using is:

1.	Access EX Switch via the console port.
2.	Reboot the EX Switch
3.	When prompted to enter Loader mode hit the <space> bar and you
will be sitting at the "loader>" prompt.  Enter the following command:

                   loader> boot -s    <return>

4.	When prompted with, " Enter full pathname of shell or 'recovery'
for root password recovery or RETURN for /bin/sh:", hit <enter> and you
will be at a hash prompt.  Enter the following:

                   # fsck -y    <return>

5.	Once fsck completes you will be at the hash prompt again.  Enter
the following:

                   # mount -a
                   # rm /config/juniper*
                   # exit

6.	After the system is mounted you will be prompted with the root
login prompt.  Enter the "root" for login and <enter> as password.

Note: I get the error message after step 5. Any suggestions?

BR,