[j-nsp] Dynamic DB

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Wed Oct 27 22:50:43 EDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 11:25:27PM +0400, Pavel Lunin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anyone here uses dynamic-db? Works? or as always? :)

I tried, but there is no support for it via Netconf, which pretty much
makes it a non-starter for me. :) I'm sure something else about it is
broken too, I just never got that far.

The only other thing I noticed from the 30 seconds I played with it was
that there is no way to abandon a candidate config when in dynamic-db
mode. So if you change ANYTHING and want to not apply those changes, the
only way to quit out and not leave the session stuck open with
uncommitted changes is to manually undo the changes you made and commit
the blank config. With failure to plan or test features like that, I'm
sure it only gets worse from there. :P