[j-nsp] Filtering the export of VRF routes with iBGP export filters....

Daniel Verlouw daniel at bit.nl
Wed Sep 1 04:05:56 EDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-08-31 at 08:44 -0600, David Ball wrote:
> Thanks Krasimir.  I'd run across that knob previously, but my understanding
> is that the functionality provided by vpn-apply-export is enabled when a
> router is configured as a route-reflector, which mine are already.  Will
> give it a whirl anyways, though.

my understanding is that you only need vpn-apply-export on an RR if its
also acting as a PE and you need to filter the routes from local VRFs.
Reflected routes shouldn't be affected afaik.

In any case, I couldn't get a policy with a match on 'rib bgp.l3vpn.0'
to work at all, so I'm interested to see your config if you get it to
work.

  --Daniel.