[j-nsp] SRX100 reset

Volker D. Pallas juniper-nsp at sqmail.de
Wed Sep 1 13:00:12 EDT 2010

Hi,

had the same problem when I first unpacked my SRX100. It requested an IP
address but was not reachable at all by that address.
I don't remember the exact way i finally fixed it that night, but there
was something wrong with the VLAN/port-assignments (and maybe even
zones) in the factory default config.
You might want to try another port first, as fe-0/0/0 is [supposed to
be] in the untrust and fe-0/0/1-7 in trust zone.
If this doesn't work, check the config via serial cable and put one
specific port into trust and manually assign an IP address to it.

I clearly remember that for 1 or 2 hours I thought the device was
broken, as it did not work at all, even following the quickstart guide.

best regards,
Volker