[j-nsp] MX NSR issue

Chris Evans chrisccnpspam2 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 09:15:18 EDT 2010

As if I don't have enough bugs I'm finding in 10.0R3 code, I had a
routing-engine failure last night..The box failed over, but in the process
things are broken now.. Luckily this is my lab box. We'll see how long it
takes ATAC to get me some answers..

#1 - I have two eBGP neighbors using BFD. One of the neighbors tripped, now
BFD won't re-establish. BGP is up however.
#2 - I'm using IRB interfaces on the MX platform. After the failover,
traffic will not forward.. You can communicate RE to host, but HOST to HOST
on the same box or external<>HOST connectivity is broken.

Adding to the list of IGMP-snooping is broken, jflow multicast reporting
issues, etc..

I'm seriously second guessing this platform..