[j-nsp] Customer CPE question

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Wed Sep 8 07:46:28 EDT 2010

On Wednesday, September 08, 2010 07:10:22 pm William Jackson
wrote:

> There are pro's/cons to each setup and I wanted to find
> out what other service providers were doing when
> delivering their services.

> Any comments:

I would say that if you have the opportunity to use the same
platform as a Layer 2-only, Layer 3-only or hybrid, go ahead
and do that. Consolidation makes a lot of sense (to us,
anyway).

Plus; sparing, operational efficiency, NOC training, vendor
pricing, vendor support, e.t.c., is easier.

Although likely, I would be hard-pressed to find that many
customers going forward, in this day-and-age, that won't
have a need to run some kind of IP network, even if it's a
private, closed-circuit one.

Mark.