[j-nsp] EX4200 Output Policer

GIULIANO (UOL) giulianocm at uol.com.br
Sat Sep 25 22:42:48 EDT 2010

People,

We are trying to configure output policers using EX4200 (JUNOS 10.2R2.11).

The system returns that it not support egress policers.

This is a hardware or a software limitation for the EX4200 family ?

There is some alternative configuration  to create output policers ?

Would be great to create output policers to the clients connected
directly to the switches ... it means the download bandwidth of the client.

If we have 10 clients and only one (1) uplink we need to create a
firewall filter input with various terms ... representing various
clients with various policers for the uplink port ?

Why this happen ?

Thanks a lot,

Giuliano