[j-nsp] L2VPN MTU Issue

Eric Van Tol eric at atlantech.net
Wed Sep 29 14:56:30 EDT 2010

Well, primary credit goes to JTAC, but doing some packet captures, I found that the packets entering the customer interface were not leaving the router.  JTAC suggested 1520, but that only allowed 1498-bytes through.  I bumped it up to 1524, which still did not work, so then I bumped it up to 1528.  I am still not too keen on the math, but JTAC hasn't broken it down for me yet.  If anyone out there knows, please point me to a reference.  I googled like mad yesterday, but either overlooked the obvious, or wasn't searching for the right info.

-evt