[j-nsp] MX80-48T Fan Speed Variation

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Tue Apr 5 18:14:59 EDT 2011

On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 11:42:08PM +0200, Daniel Roesen wrote:

> JUNOS logging is a desaster. Either you get FAR too much noise (JUNOS
> developers love to leave a bouqet of debug messages in there,
> miscategorized as something else than "debug"), or you don't get relevant
> things anymore (like link/adjacency up events). Looks like extensive
> logging regexp is the only way to get proper logging. :-(

A mechanism to recategorize syslogging on an event basis using a policy
(so you can fix these terrible defaults) is very VERY high on my feature
request list. I forget the exact details, but the last I heard there was
at least some interest in implementing this some time in the next year
or so. If you agree that this is an important feature, please ask your
account teams to make this a higher prority. :)