[j-nsp] MX80 - restricted bundles and disabled 10G ports.

Ben Dale bdale at comlinx.com.au
Tue Apr 12 18:45:05 EDT 2011

Another example - take a box like the SRX100 - both the high and low memory versions have 1G of onboard memory (surface mount, no DIMMS), but the low mem version only has 512MB active with a license key unlocking the rest.  The exact same bit of tin - three quarters of the price.

I guess from the manufacturing side of things, there is one less model to have to spec and build which must save a small fortune.

I suspect manufacturing cost of almost any box these days is in the sub 5% of actual resale - the rest is all "value" ; )