[j-nsp] MX480 troubles.

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Wed Apr 13 14:08:52 EDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 10:48:30AM -0700, Derick Winkworth wrote:

> They don't
>
> 1.? immediately just blame you or
> 2.? just tell you to upgrade and sit and do nothing until you do
> 3.? or tell you that you should have known that with some very narrow set of
> unlikely circumstances after two or three weeks?some bug will occur.?

I don't know what 7 leaf clover you picked to have that kind of luck,
but all 3 of the above describe nearly every one of my (many, many) JTAC
cases. I'd also throw in:

4. Repeatedly fail to read/comprehend anything you say in the ticket,
sometimes for months (or even years) on end.

Just the other day I had an exchange with ATAC which went something like
this:

<Me> "Hi, when this bgp neighbor flaps it sometimes doesn't syslog the
event correctly, and instead records garbage messages."

<ATAC> "The bgp neighbor is flapping, that is why you are logging the
neighbor down, can I close this case?"

I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried. :)