[j-nsp] MX480 troubles.

Derick Winkworth dwinkworth at att.net
Wed Apr 13 13:48:30 EDT 2011

Our experience has been the opposite.  When there have been issues Juniper has
fallen over themselves to identify/fix the issue or provide workaround.

Really.

I'm not saying there haven't been moments of frustration.  There has been great
frustration at some points.  Still, overall our support from Juniper has been
great.

They don't

1.  immediately just blame you or
2.  just tell you to upgrade and sit and do nothing until you do
3.  or tell you that you should have known that with some very narrow set of
unlikely circumstances after two or three weeks some bug will occur.

RMAs when we have had to do them have been quick.

I can't complain at all about Juniper's support.  Some of their features and the
weird restrictions and caveats... I can complain a lot.  But the same is true of
Cisco.