[j-nsp] MX480 troubles.

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Wed Apr 13 12:45:24 EDT 2011

On Thursday, April 14, 2011 12:18:00 AM Keith wrote:

> Is this an anomaly and we got a lemon? Or have any others
> had to replace this many parts in so short of time?

Like others have mentioned, some batches are good, some
aren't.

We haven't had any hardware issues with a couple of units we
shipped in running DPC's.

However, we've had to RMA an MPC and MIC on some other units
that came in just days after they were deployed.

Prior to moving to Junos 10.4R3.4, we had weekly random
reboots of MPC's for no apparent reason. This was mostly
when we were running 10.4R1.9. Upgrading to the latest
release of 10.4 has fixed those issues, so that was bugs in
the code.

We're still touch-and-go, but so far so good with the MPC's.

Cheers,

Mark.