[j-nsp] M20 SSB E Memory seller required

Chris Cappuccio chris at nmedia.net
Wed Aug 10 14:03:42 EDT 2011

You can upgrade SSB-E to 128MB with http://www.oempcworld.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=64M-EDO-DIMM-ECC (as per juniper.cluepon.net)

The SSB-E-16 has 256MB of RAM by default...

I'm not sure if upgrading the DRAM does anything useful or not as Juniper never intended for the SSB-E to have anything other than 64MB DRAM.

The 8MB of SRAM on the SSB-E limits it to 550k active routes (l3, l2) so the SSB-E-16 may be a more useful upgrade than 128MB of DRAM.

(Of course if I installed an M20 with an SSB-E, i'd put 128MB of DRAM in it just on principle)