[j-nsp] M20 SSB E Memory seller required

Jeff Wheeler jsw at inconcepts.biz
Wed Aug 10 14:26:20 EDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 2:03 PM, Chris Cappuccio <chris at nmedia.net> wrote:
> (Of course if I installed an M20 with an SSB-E, i'd put 128MB of DRAM in it just on principle)

Unless I was very budget-constrained or needed a lot of P-type slots
for terminating DS3/OC3/OC12 interfaces, I would try pretty hard to
get a new router instead of throw more time and money at an M20.  I
thought this might be worth mentioning, as the platform is certainly
dated.  If you have enough routes in PFE that you need the SSB-E-16,
your control-plane is probably not very fast.

--
Jeff S Wheeler <jsw at inconcepts.biz>
Sr Network Operator  /  Innovative Network Concepts