[j-nsp] load balancing in Route reflector scenario

Humair Ali humair.s.ali at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 16:32:15 EDT 2011

just to clarify ,

you have :

PE2 with 2 link , 1 to RR1 (let's call it link 1)  and 1 to RR2 (link 2)
PE3 with 2 link , 1 to RR1 (let's call it Link 3) and 1 to RR2  (link4)

you could set local pref to link to PE2 to 150 (RR1 to PE2 will be
preferred), and link 2 (PE2 to RR2) as standard 100
then set link 3 standard 100 (PE3 to RR1)  but set link 4 with 150  (RR2 to
PE3 will be preferred)

then RR1 has prefered path via PE2 (via link 1 high local pref), RR2 have
prefered path via PE3( via link 4 high local pref) , Each RR may advertise
both route to PE1

then on PE1 , u need load balancing configured , I can't guarantee either ,
but need to be tested.

Humair