[j-nsp] MX: bridge-domains and l2circuit

Chris Kawchuk juniperdude at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 02:54:06 EDT 2011

Ahh, slightly different issue then.

First off, once you use that flexible-ethernet-services, you should be declaring each vlan separately and manually add them into the bridge-domain config (i.e. bridge-domain VLAN20 interface xe-1/0/0.x). Anyways, that's not what we're attempting to do here. =)

What you're looking for is to stitch an l2circuit into a bridge-domain (not pick off a VLAN off an interface and turn that into a CCC/L2circuit - different solution). Perhaps a logical-tunnel here may help. (i.e. lt-x/x/x.x interface). I have stitched l2circuits/ccc's into VPLS domains before; I assume the same theory holds true.

Have a look at using the tunnel-services on your MX DPC card. Apologies in advance as I'm writing this in pseudo-code from memory (i.e. un-tested, more of a general idea as to a direction to explore):

chassis {
    fpc 1 {
        pic 3 {
            tunnel-services {