[j-nsp] best practices for cleaning the router for new deployment

Phil Shafer phil at juniper.net
Mon Aug 22 06:56:45 EDT 2011

Martin T writes:
>..or will there be any personal information left after those three steps?

/var/etc/ has the "*-" files from the previous commit
/var/run/db/ may have old binary config databases
/var/tmp/ may have random bits (.scp files, core files, etc)
/var/log/ may have old log files and accounting profile data
/var/db/scripts/ may have old scripts
/root/.ssh/ may have old keys
/config/ may have old config files
/var/db/config may have old config files

"zeroise" may cover one or more of these, but I'm just listing
directories off the top of my head.  Be aware that even a reinstall
will carry over some /var/db/ files (like scripts).

Thanks,
 Phil