[j-nsp] 32-Bit JunOS on the 64-Bit Routing Engines

Thomas Eichhorn te at te3networks.de
Wed Aug 24 03:12:16 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I just discussed the following with my SE:

I wanted to get new 64Bit REs with some new gear,
but run the 32-Bit JunOS on them - he denied that
this is possible.

I tried to research that, but have not yet found
something in the docs - does anybody here have some clue
about that?

As the REs are 'only' standard PCs, I do not see any reason
for them to be not capable of running 'legacy' 32Bit JunOS.

I would be really glad if someone has some clue about that and
could unearth the truth.

Thanks,
Tom